VIVAPHARM® PVP K30 - Povidone
VIVAPHARM® PVP K30 is the classic wet binder with optimal balance between adhesive strength and ease of handling. It is highly adhesive at low viscosity, therefore offering the optimal balance between adhesive strength and ease of handling at a low use level of 2-5%. VIVAPHARM® PVP K30 has excellent solubility in water and a range of organic solvents, and is supplied as a free flowing powder with spherical particle morphology. This ensures rapid dispersibility and ultimate flexibility in the solvent of choice. Due to its non-ionic property, it bears no risk of interaction with ionic APIs.
VIVAPHARM® PVP offers:
- High binding capacity – the classic binder for wet granulation at low concentrations (2-5%)
- Excellent solubility in water, as well as a range of organic solvents for ultimate flexibility in processing options with respect to API solubility profile
- Low viscosity grade, ensuring ease of handling
- Dissolution and bioavailability enhancement of poorly soluble APIs
VIVAPHARM® PVP/VA 64 - Copovidone
VIVAPHARM® PVP/VA 64 is a 6:4 linear random copolymer of N-vinylpyrrolidone and vinyl acetate. The vinyl acetate component of VIVAPHARM® PVP/VA 64 reduces the hydrophilicity and glass transition temperature (Tg) compared to povidone homopolymers of similar molecular weight.
As a result, VIVAPHARM® PVP/VA 64 is the ultimate tablet binder that extends its excellent adhesive property in wet granulation, as well as in dry granulation and direct compression.
Due to its spherical, hollow particle morphology and high plasticity, VIVAPHARM® PVP/VA 64 performs exceptionally well as a binder for direct compression.
In addition, a lower Tg makes VIVAPHARM® PVP/VA 64 an ideal polymer matrix for solid dispersions/solutions via hot melt extrusion, which enhances the dissolution of poorly soluble drug actives.
VIVAPHARM® PVP/VA offers:
- Suitable for use in direct compression, dry granulation, wet granulation, hot melt extrusion, and film coating
- Good flowability
- Large surface area due to hollow particle morphology – enhances particle bonding and good compressibility
- Ideal glass transition temperature (Tg) for hot melt extrusion